Five Things To Know Today
Weather, a free movie, preschool, writing and FDR are a five things New Port Richey residents should know about today, July 18.
1. Weather: Per AccuWeather.com, as we begin the work week it will be cloudy but not for long. Skies will clear by 7 a.m. with temperatures in the mid-70s. There may be a chance of showers at lunchtime but that should only be temporary and the skies will become sunny once again with the temperature peaking at 92 at 2 p.m. Rains should return after the workday.
2. Free movie: "Free" is the best work in the King's English and it's even better when you can spend it with your child. The New Port Richey Public Library will have a free showing of "Red Riding Hood" at 2 p.m. It's perfect for your bored teenager.
3. Preschool open house: Yeah, it's still July, but it's not too soon to think of school. Primary Prep Preschool will have open enrollment all day beginning at 9 a.m. and lasting through 5 p.m. The preschool welcomes children from 18 months-old to four-years old. The open enrollment is a good chance for parents to learn all that the school has to offer.
4. Writer's workshop: Feel like channeling that inner-Stephen King? Well, the New Port Richey Public Library has a writer's workshop where authors and would-be authors gather to discuss literature, network and critique each other's work. It's free -- there's that beautiful word again -- and begins at 5 p.m.
5. This date in history: President Franklin Roosevelt made history by being nominated for a third term by his Democratic Party in 1940. FDR would go on to be elected to four terms. No other U.S. president would serve more than two terms.