Save on deductions and proper tax filing procedures
We're all watching our family budgets these days. Whether shopping with coupons or looking for two-for-one deals, we're taking advantage of all sorts of offers and savings that help us stretch our dollars.
This column is dedicated to giving you five great local deals each week that will help your family’s bottom line, and since we do the scouting for you, you can save time as well as money.
You are a big part of this column. Let us hear about the deals you've seen. Just add them to our comment box.
It’s that time of year again: tax season. Here are some of columnist Analyn Megison's helpful resources for tax preparation serving New Port Richey and all people of West Pasco.
1. Liberty Tax Services 5312 Little Road New Port Richey, FL 34655 PH: (727) 376-2800 Liberty has free estimates of how much your return will be, which paperwork you will need to have filed and also the cost of their preparation is done on a case-by-case basis.
2. April 15th Solution Inc New Port Richey Florida Tax Return Preparation & Filing, PO Box 146, New Port Richey, FL 34656-0146, Phone: (727) 848-9786. The business does income tax preparation in the home. Electronic filing is free. If dependant child is still a student, and the child is working such as in college then it is a free tax return if the parent is paying for theirs. They also do Quickbooks and other consultations. The cost depends on the complexity of the tax situatiion. Please contact Bob Ferreira at the above number for more information.
3. H&R Block located at 697 Congress Street in New Port Richey provided the following rates: 1040EZ $39, 1040A with no dependents is $99, 1040A with dependents ranges from $109 through $249. Money can be taken out of the refund or you can pay it up front. For additional information call (727) 843-1040. Also, they are taking collections of new baby items and diapers throughout West Pasco to help local mothers in need.
4. Barlas and Chambers LLP, 905 E. MLK Dr. Suite 570 in Tarpon Towers, Tarpon Springs. The business has a lot of clientele from West Pasco. $49 for a family. $25 more for an out of state family. Additional charges are at a case by case basis. No additional fees because it is all electronic.
It also offers TurboTax on itswebsite or www.myfloridatax.com. It starts free and works its way up, and that is self help available for $39. Lastly, there is a referral program of $5 off. After the 5th person, it provides a $50 gift card. CPA and managed money, insurance professionals and EPA and tax preparers available, and the majority are CPAs. Call George Chambers or Lee Barlas 727-474-0382.
5. For additional resources you may be eligible for due to your specific economic circumstances, call 2-1-1.