West Pasco Government Offices Close For Christmas
A look at what’s open and closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Unless you’re planning on doing some last-minute shopping at West Pasco stores that offer holiday hours, getting business done in the New Port Richey area today and tomorrow might be tough.
Both Pasco County and the city of New Port Richey have announced that most of their offices will be closed for the holidays, Dec. 24-25. Here’s a look at what’s open and closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:
Most county government offices are closed both days, but reopen on Dec. 26. Here are some of the highlights:
- Government offices, including the constitutional offices and courts are closed Dec. 24-25.
- The tax collector’s office is closed Saturday, Dec. 22 through Tuesday, Dec. 25.
- All county libraries are closed Dec. 22-25 in observance of the holidays.
- All county recreation centers are closed Monday and Tuesday. Parks and beaches, however, will be open from dawn to dusk both days.
- Animal Services will shut down Dec. 24-25.
- Pasco County Public Transportation will not offer services on Dec. 24 or Dec. 25. Normal bus service resumes on Wednesday.
- The county’s Resource Recovery Facility and the East Pasco Transfer Station are closed to the public and commercial haulers on Dec. 25. They both reopen on Dec. 26.
New Port Richey has announced that all city offices will be closed on Dec. 24 and Dec. 25.
Both the city and county will continue to offer emergency services, such as police and fire, during the holidays.
Do you know of other closings? Know of businesses that are offering holiday hours? Share your finds in the comments section.