Invite a friend
Jeni & Billy - Southern Music Duo
Jeni and Billy have traveled across the United States and Canada winning ribbons in folk singing, guitar picking and flat foot dancing.
Jeni Hankins traces her vocal style to Virginia Lowe, the blind music minister in the Appalachian community in which she spent childhood summers. A natural storyteller who studied with Pulitzer-Prize winning Irish poet, Paul Muldoon, Jeni's writing has been compared to Carson McCullers and Flannery O'Conner. Her singing has been compared to the lonesome voices of Maybelle Carter and Iris Dement.
Billy Kemp, a Baltimore native, embraced the sound of Appalachian immigrants who migrated to the nearby community of Oella.
Billy's passion for the sound of Flatt & Scruggs led him from Baltimore to Nashville and eventually onto the Opry stage.
"Mountain roads and mountain churches, moonshine and oxycodone, snake handlers and sherbet cake - you get to know them all at a Jeni & Billy concert."
More About New Port Richey Public Library
If you've finished eating at a downtown restaurant and are hungry for free information, visit the award-winning New Port Richey Public Library
Located right next to City Hall, the library offers free membership and contains a large collection of books, DVDs, CDs and periodicals, study rooms and meeting rooms. It hosts activities, clubs and classes.
The library won the first Library of the Year Award, presented by the Florida Library Association, in 2006. It is currently nominated for the Best Small Library in America Award, which is presented by the Library Journal, and is celebrating its 90th anniversary.
Other events here
- Fullmetal Mondays Weekly on Mondays, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Writer's Workshop Weekly on Mondays, 5:00 pm
- Tasty Tuesdays Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Third Tuesday Trivia February 19, 2013 / March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Cleo's Astrology for Beginners Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm
- Dogs Love Books, too! Monthly, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Practice Your French With Friends Weekly on Thursdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Pasco Writers' Workshop Weekly on Thursdays, 5:30 pm
- "Dogs Love Stories": Children's Story Time With Therapy Dogs February 23, 2013 / March 30, 2013 / April 27, 2013 / May 25, 2013, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- ABMC (Awfully Bad Movie Club) February 28, 2013 / March 28, 2013 / April 25, 2013 / May 30, 2013, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm