You can hunt for some budding Bouguereau, buy a book and bask in some history today, and all nearly in one spot. These cover 60 percent of the five things you should know today.
1. Get a taste of what young artists are creating at the 20th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be held in downtown New Port Richey and is part of the city Parks and Recreation Department “Holiday Joy.”
There also will be music from Pasco County school choral groups and Santa Claus arrives at 10:30 a.m.
2. If you can’t wait that long for Santa, try meeting the jolly elf about 90 minutes earlier and join him for breakfast at Gulf View Square, 9409 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Breaking the fast starts at 9 a.m. Later, Santa will read Christmas stories.
3. Or maybe you’d rather read a book yourself. The Friends of the Library book sale continues at the , 5939 Main St., starting at 10 a.m.
4. Speaking of libraries, the will dedicate the Julie Obenreder Memorial Library Wing at 1 p.m. The ceremony will take place at the West Pasco Historical Society Rao Musunuru Museum, 6431 Circle Blvd.
Obenreder and her husband Roy were a driving force to save the building that became the society’s home.
5. And for something completely different, motor on down the highway to the Christian Hot Rod Association Cruise In starting at 10 a.m. in Holiday at 1600 U.S. 19. It’s free.