Looking for a home-cooked meal, without all the fuss of cooking for hours and cleaning dishes? Here's what restaurants we found in Dunedin that will be open for dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
Allegria Italian Restaurant & Lounge
- When: 2 p.m.
- Call: 727-733-2000
Bascetti's Italian Grille
- When: 4 to 10 p.m.
- Call: 727-738-2808
Bon Appetit Restaurant
- When: noon to 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Adults in the main dining room $45, plus, tax and gratuity; Buffet is $39.95, plus 20 percent service charge and tax; children 10 and under are half price.
- Main Menu: Fire roasted Butternut Squash and Corn Bisque, fresh fruits and strawberries with Vanilla Mint Syrup; Smoked Salmon on Potato Pancakes with sour cream and wasabi caviar ($11.50); Bruschetta with Prosciutto, Mascarpone, Onion Marmalade, baby arugula and truffled honey ($11); Snails and Mushrooms with lots of garlic and a hint of curry ($9); Gulf Shrimp with classic horseradish cocktail sauce ($11.50); Jumbo Lump Crab Martini with Key Lime remoulade ($16); Lobster Cocktail with cognac dressing ($16). Main course options: Virginia Ham basted in wildflower honey and craisin glaze; Baked Salmon fillet with European cucumbers and chive hollandaise; Filet Mignon on a Crispy Eggplant Crouton with artichoke hearts and sauce bearnaise; North Carolina Turkey with old fashioned pecan stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry-orange relish; Twin Pork Loin Steaks, pan-seared with button mushrooms, caramelized onions and chardonnay demi. Dessert options: Classic Pumpkin pie with whipped cream; Bon Appetit chocolate mouse with pirouline wafer.
- Buffet: Wisconsin cheeses; Greek-style potato salad; assorted lettuces and field greens; ahi tuna with wasabi and pickled ginger; Prince Edward Island mussels in a plum tomato sauce; edamame in rice wine mint vinaigrette; Country pate with Cumberland sauce; Gulf shrimp with horseradish cocktail sauce; assorted sausages and salamis; shaved roast beef with green peppercorn aioli; mushrooms marinated in garlic and cognac; baby mozzarella with basil pesto; house-cured salmon bruschetta; eggplant caponata; mixed olives and celery; cauliflower in tarragon vinaigrette; assorted baby tomatoes; fresh breads; Roasted North Carolina turkey with giblet gravy, carved to order; Virginia ham rubbed with brown sugar and orange glaze; Roast Prime Rib of beef with au jus; Pacific Salmon with chive remoulade; Breast of Chicken with classic Marsala sauce; Old-Fashioned baked macaroni and cheese au gratin; Penne Pasta with plum tomatoes, peppers and basil; orange cinnamon rice; Yukon Gold mashed potatoes; carrots with ginger glaze; sweet potato mash; old-fashioned pecan stuffing; green beans with toasted almonds; choice of dessert.
- When: 3 to 7 p.m.
- Pricing: Adults $23.99, children 10 and under $7.99
- Call: 727-736-5284
- Menu: Cream of Asparagus Soup with pomegranate,basil and creme fraiche; Mixed Greens tossed with Dijon vinaigrette, sun-dried cranberries, Granny Smith apples, crumbled Gorgonzola and spiced walnuts; Turducken, which is Kelly's version of K-Paul holiday classic boneless turkey, duck and chicken layered with Italian sausage and a cheddar corn stuffing roasted and finished with a creole brown turkey sauce and all the trimmings; Orange Grand Marnier Pumpkin Pie or Spiced Ginger Cheesecake with roast pears and caramel creme anglaise.
Star's Family Restaurant, 1056 Main Street, Dunedin
- Call: 727-466-1624
Did we miss you? Please let us know in the comments, and we'll add it to the list!