Get ready to be scared silly. East Lake Fire Rescue's Haunted Fire Houseis located close to Trinity and will be open on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the month of October.
The annual haunted fire house, which is popular with kids and teens, is part of East Lake Fire Rescue's campaign to raise awareness about the dangers of texting and driving.
"While the Haunted Fire House should be a fun event for everyone who attends, it is important to keep the message of the dangers of texting and driving on everyone's mind," said East Lake Fire Chief Tom Jamison.
Guests walk through the 4,000-square-foot attraction, which features live actors, creatures and special effects, which are all designed to give people a good scare. More than 50 volunteers will help out, many of them playing roles as actors inside the haunted fire house.
Jamison expects a big crowd to experience the ghoulish fun.
"This year we expect to double our previous attendance. That could mean about 7,000 guests," he said.
What you need to know-
- The East Lake Haunted Fire House is located at East Lake Fire Rescue Station 57, 3375 Tarpon Lake Blvd.
- Open every Friday and Saturday evening in October.
- Hours are from 7 to 10 p.m.
- A donation of $5 is requested, which benefits the East Lake Firefighters' Good and Welfare fund.
- Park at the nearby Lansbrook Golf Club on Village Center Drive off of East Lake Road. No parking will be available at Station 57 during the event. Shuttle service to the Haunted Fire House is complimentary.
Other helpful information-