New Port Richey has narrowed its list of city manager candidates down to nine people.
More than two months ago, the city embarked on a search for
a new manager to replace John Schneiger, who left this past October after
saying he felt he lost the support of the council at that time. Library director Susan Dillinger has been
serving as interim city manager since Schneiger’s departure.
Now, the search has been trimmed from dozens of candidates
to the short list of nine hopefuls. The city is now working on convening a citizen
advisory board to weigh in on the candidates.
That board looks like it will include former County Administrator John Gallagher, former Deputy Mayor Rob Marlowe, Judy Parker and former School Superintendent Heather Fiorentino. There is also one other person on that board who is yet to be named.
1. Peter Altman. Former mayor of New Port Richey Former Pasco County Commissioner. Most recent or current job held: Currently division president of District Management Services, which manages community development districts.
2. Robert Bartlotta. Former city manager for Sarasota.
Evett. Most recent or current job held: Former city manager for
Pueblo, Colo., Jupiter, Fla., Clayton, Miss. and Cape Coral, Fla.
4. Charity Good. Former economic development manager for Plantation, Fla.
5. Dan Porta. Current city manager of Cartersville, Ga.
6. Lyndon Bonner. Former City Manager, North Miami Beach.
7. Ron Rabun. Former manager for Seminole and Manatee counties.
8. Ron Stock. City administrator of Weed, Calif.
9. Isaac Turner. Administrator of First Baptist Church of Venice and former city manager for Venice.