Gulf High School outranks many Tampa Bay high schools when it comes to 2012 SAT scores.
The top 40 public high schools in the Tampa Bay area are highlighted in the rankings which were compiled by the Tampa Bay Business Journal using statistics from the Florida Department of Education. Gulf High came in 9th. River Ridge came in 19th. Mitchell High came in 24th.
The maximum possible SAT score is 2400. There are three parts to the SAT tests: math, verbal and writing. Each part is worth a maximum 800 points for a maximum total SAT score of 2400.
Gulf High's average 2012 SAT score was 1551. River Ridge's average 2012 SAT score was 1513. Mitchell High's average 2012 SAT score was 1500.
Here's a look at the five top-ranked high schools in Tampa Bay-
- Pine View School (Sarasota County), Score: 1991
- St. Petersburg High School International Baccalaureate Program, (Pinellas County), Score: 1877
- St. Petersburg Collegiate High, (Pinellas County), Score: 1644
- Palm Harbor University High, (Pinellas County), Score: 1628
- Plant High School (Hillsborough County), Score: 1569
See the full list and search the rankings in Tampa Bay Business Journal's report.
Does Gulf High's showing surprise you? Share your thoughts in the comments section.