With five locations in the Tampa Bay area, Carmelita's has established itself as an award-winning, family-friendly favorite restaurant serving authentic Mexican food since 1983. Founders Vincent and Carmen Lopez invite you and your family—kids included—to come down and sample their menu, full of succulent traditional family recipes.
Call or log onto the restaurant's Web site (www.carmelitas.net) to check their day-of-the-week specials where diners receive $1 off a specific dish. The restaurant also hosts free kids-meal days, birthday specials and all-you-can-eat nights. Join Carmelita's @migo Club to receive exclusive special and offers.
Since the restaurant's inception, the cuisine at Carmelita's has received countless awards from Tampa Bay newspapers, magazines and Web sites for the "Best Mexican Food," "Favorite Mexican Restaurant," "Best Burrito," and "Best Taco."
- Hours: Sun - Thu, 11am - 9:30pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1983
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Mexican cuisine, full liquor bar and kids menu
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: carmelitas.net/menu.html
- Specialties: Mexican pizza, chiles rellenos, flautas, tamale plate, fajitas and the Kitchen Special (seasoned beef stew served over rice with flour tortillas on the side served with frijoles and corn)
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Signature dishes: Customer favorites include the chicken enchiladas, the Del Rey Burrito and the combination platters.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 21
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual