Good Connections Thrift Shoppe is jam-packed with clothes, hats, jewelry, shoes, books, DVDs, CDs, toys and dolls, framed prints and pictures, knick-knacks and collectibles, and many other items. Donations are accepted every day at GCTS, where "connecting great values to a great cause!" is an ongoing mission.
All proceeds from this store benefit Connections Job Development Corporation, a non-profit agency dedicated to working with individuals in Pasco and Hernando counties seeking employment. Connections works one-on-one with job seekers to enhance and facilitate their search by providing skills training (interviewing, networking), resume assistance, computer training, interview clothing, and more. All assistance is at no cost to the job-seeker. In addition, Connections maintains steady relationships with local employers to help connect them with great, pre-screened, qualified applicants, again at no charge to the business. Connections services are available to any adult in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando or surrounding areas, that are actively looking for a new job.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 9-5
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1991
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Clothing--new and gently worn, accessories, jewelry, books, movies, music, toys and games, novelty items, home decor, collectibles and more!
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- What is the most unusual item you've carried or sold?: We receive all sorts of wonderful items. Most recently, we had a diamond watch valued at $6,000, a sterling silver antique sailing vessel, and the wedding dress of the owners of the home the film Cocoon was filmed in.
- Donations hours: Donations are accepted during all business hours, Monday to Saturday 9am-4pm
- Donations policy: Good Connections generally can not accept furniture due to lack of space, but call us and see. We are trying to get an eBay store up and running, so furniture could be listed in the future.